QUALITY ASSURANCE AND THE NACC DATABASE
The UDS data-collection protocol
The UDS data-collection protocol requires the following:
- The majority of participants at an ADC should be followed longitudinally.
- Assessments are to be obtained annually.
- Clinical diagnoses should be consistent with the criteria listed in the current version of UDS Form D1*. *Links to current version of form (UDS3)
- Neuropsychological tests must be conducted in the prescribed order, using the standardized testing instructions.
- It is strongly encouraged that all participants (including cognitively normal participants) be accompanied by an co-participant at the initial visit, and every effort should be made to have a co-participant present for each follow-up visit.
- The UDS is required to be administered at Centers as a standard protocol, separate from other protocols that may have been developed for administration at individual ADCs.
- All forms should be attempted on all participants; however, when a participant is terminally ill, or where other extenuating circumstances prevent completion of the UDS in its entirety, only Forms Z1X, A1, A5, B4, B9, C2, D1, and D2* are required. *Links to current version of forms (UDS3)
Please contact us for more information about NACC’s QA/QC efforts.